Saturday, October 1, 2011

Right now I'm sitting in a coffee shop with my back to the window and I'm feeling embarrassed at the prospect of some passerby looking in and seeing me reading the Family Circus website (www.familycircus.com .. check it out! Lots of fun.) But what is there to be ashamed of?  What's wrong with a 27 year old checking up on the daily activities of America's Most Perfect Family?







And this is what they're up to today, apparently.  I really don't have much to say about this, aside from: this is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with TFC. This is pointless, sentimental garbage.  What's the joke here?  Stupid Jeffy thinks his "dog is people"?  "Kids say the darndest things"?  Keane, if this is your definition of "darndest," you need to expand your horizons.  Just because it's cute when your own children/ grandchildren say it, doesn't mean it will satisfy the rest of America's comic readers.

I don't want to get too negative here... there's already a guy who does that, and his name is The Comics Curmudgeon (check out http://joshreads.com after you get bored with the Family Circus site).  So, here's something positive: i couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the dog who isn't "Barfy," and now i know its "Sam."

No comments:

Post a Comment